Amidst buzz surrounding around the release date of latest iteration of Android OS, Android has officially released the latest update Android 4.4 KitKat. The latest update is immersive and beautiful with a polished design, new features and better performance. It was launched while unveiling the Nexus 5 Smartphone. Google has also announced that KitKat will be soon available on the other Nexus Smartphones and Tablets.
Android is popular in naming its each version after desserts like Cupcake, Donut, Éclairs, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean as it makes our lives sweet. KitKat one of the favorite chocolate of us is the latest sweet to be joined in the list. The new KitKat update has brought some changes in the visuals, high quality graphics, as well as some improvements in the performance.
Android 4.4 Kitkat Top 10 Features
In android 4.4 Kitkat update there are many new features and integrations. Faster Multtasking, Apps redign, easy screen switchng, HDR Photography and Voice search have been updated. While playing music or video seek bar is also visible in the notification bar. Full screen view while watching videos, reading books and playing games. Album art can also be seen in full screen. Here is the list of top 10 features of Android 4.4 KitKat
- User Interface Twist – KitKat offers a translucent menu bar and some transition effect while you open the app launcher. The icons have been colored white and some apps are redesigned to make more streamlined. Wallpapers can be seen even through the notification tray as well.
- Smart Dialer, Caller ID – Dialer and Caller ID is now modernized. It automatically prioritizes the contacts based on the whom you mostly contact. Even if you receive calls from unknown number, the phone will look for the numbers in the local listings using maps.
- Consolidated Hangouts Messaging App – Now you can send SMS, MMS and chat through GTalk all under Hangouts. You can share GIF Format images and location in the newly unified messaging apps. Also the Android keyboard now features emoji icons for various emotions and moods.
- Enhanced Google Now – while in the home screen just say “Google OK” to launch the Google Now assistant to do a voice search, get the directions, send a text, and play a song and lot more. You ask a question, it will talk back. Google Now is now more accurate and has introduced many cards for shopping.
- Integrated Cloud Printing – Print your photos, documents and web pages from your smartphones and tablets through printers that are connected to Google Cloud Print. Right now it supports all HP ePrint and other printers via apps in the Play Store.
- Screen Recording – As you were already practiced with taking screen shots now you can start recording screens as it has screen recording utility that will record whatever you do on your phone. Once you have finished capturing the video you can save it as MP4 file.
- QuickOffice Update – QuickOffice the Android’s document reader and editor has been integrated. It is free and very efficient documents editor to the Android OS. It is just like Apple’s iWork suite.
- Step Counting & Detector – Count the each step you walk with the help of this new feature. It will count the each steps whenever you walk, run and climb the stairs. It will measure your activity level daily. The step detector and counter will track the steps via apps.
- Support for Connectivity Options – Android 4.4 Kitkat supports the Message Access Profile (MAP) that will enable exchanging messages with Bluetooth-enabled cars. It also supports the Wi-Fi Tunneled Direct Link Setup (TDLS) to stream faster between devices on the same Wi-Fi. It also introduces support for IR Blasters which is already present in Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One
So these are the most exciting features in Android 4.4 Kitkat. It is already available in Nexus 5, and it will soon available in other Nexus devices, Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One in the coming weeks.