Windows Phones are picking up in popularity and they are making sure that they provide enough features to their users to make them happy. Competition is stiff in here because of the Android and iOS devices already ruling the heart of most of the users. But, Windows devices are not far behind and they are trying to catch up with the other two smartphone giants. There are several features which the users are not aware of completely. One such feature is the project my screen feature, which allows the users to project the photos and videos that is there on the phone on another screen.
Enabling the project my screen app
If you are looking to activate the project my screen app, then you can do that in two ways –
- Through Miracast capabilities which is present in 8.1
- Using a USB cable to connect the phone to the computer
If you are thinking about enabling the app using Wi-Fi, then you have to hold on to that thought for a while because Wi-Fi is still not available yet. It is one of the most awaited features which most of the users are using it to the optimum level. We always thought how fun it would have been if we could see the video that we took in a bigger screen and Windows Phone has finally made it happen. The biggest advantage of this is that it is not only about the photos and videos, instead you can project the phone itself onto another screen, which will allow you to come up with a demo of the app present in there.
What all is required for this
In order to get started with the process, you will have to make sure that you have taken care of certain requirements. Here are the points that you have to keep in mind before starting the process –
- It will run Windows 7 and above
- It is a desktop application and not a Windows store app
- You will not be getting this in store app in near future as well, so you have to be content with what you have now
Installing the project my screen app
Now that you know what you are up to and have every other requirement taken care of, then here is the process that you need to follow to complete the use of the app successfully.
- In order to download the app and install it, you will have to visit the Microsoft download center
- Now create a shortcut for the app first on your desktop
- It will pull up the full screen where you can click on Esc to bring the Window down
- It is time to connect your computer to the phone using a data transfer USB cable
- A prompt will appear asking you for permission and when you will click on yes, it will start the projection screen
- Now you will be able to see your phone on another screen.