Have you accidentally dropped your cell phone it into the Water (toilet, pool or sink)? Is your Smartphone not working after you accidentally dropped it water? Here are few simple steps on how to repair water damaged phone.
First of all, remove your phone quickly from the water. Because the longer it stays in the water, the more chances of damage are. Once it is out of the water, there are few things you need to do immediately and few things you need to avoid preventing from further damage to your cell phone.
In this article, we show you few methods of reviving and repair water damaged phone.
Steps to Save\ Repair water damaged phone:
- Turn it off immediately.
- Remove the protective case and screen guard.
- Remove sim cards and micro SD cards.
- Open up the back and remove the battery.
- Take out all the external attachments.
- Use any soft cloth or tissue to dab your phone dry. Gently soak up as much water as you can. Do not rub vigorously.
- You can use a small vacuum very carefully to suck out all the water.
Methods to soak up water and moisture:
- Put your phone into a zip lock bag full of rice. Rice is a wonderful moisture absorbing agent.
- Silica gel packets are another better option. They also have a high affinity of drying out moisture.
- Let your phone dry completely for at least 48 hours. Do not switch it on as this might cause further damage.
- After 2-3 days, take out the phone and check if it is working properly. Carefully insert the battery.
- Alternatively, you can use rubbing alcohol. Submerge your phone in it for 1-2 hours, take it out and leave it overnight. Put back the battery and turn it on next morning. It is the fastest way to fix water damaged phone.
If the phone is still not working after the above methods, try replacing your battery as it might also be damaged.If the problem still exists, consider taking it to a service centre.
- Don’t push any buttons.
- Don’t turn it on.
- Don’t put it in the sunlight
- Don’t shake the phone.
- Don’t take the phone apart.
- Don’t blow it.
- Don’t heat or cool it.
- Never try to charge it.
Hopefully, the above mentioned methods should help Repair Water Damaged Phone and make it work properly again.