Google Play Games App for Android , which was announced at Google I/O 2013 event, has been finally released. Google launched the Play Games App for Android at an event while introducing Android 4.3 (Jelly Beans), Chromefast and Nexus 7. The app comes as built in Nexus 7 while others can download it from Google Play Store. It’s available for free. This app is just like the Apple’s Game Center which offers similar services.
Google Launches Play Games App for Android
The UI of the app is also not as much as complicated. It’s very simple and easy to understand by everyone as it uses the card interface. The app consists of the following tabs on the left hand side each with unique usage.
- Play Now – It’s a Home Page listing recently played games, players and games suggestions.
- My Games – Lists all the installed games on our device
- My Activity – Lists Your Achievements & Leader Boards
- Players – Lists all yours Google+ Friends
- Recommended Games – Lists some featured and most popular game for you to select and download.
- Shop – Will take you to play store to shop your favorite games.
The Google Play Games App for Android will list you all the installed games, most recently played games in your device and allows you to compete with your friends through Google+. It just acts like a Hub that will allow you to manage our scores, leader boards, multi player etc.
- Compete with friends.
- Introduces new games.
- Score Comparison with other players.
- Begin Multi Player Games with friends.
- Manage your scores and achievements.
As of now only limited Games including World of Goo, Kingdom Rush, Prince of Persia 2, Super Stickman 2, Osmos HD, Modern Combat 4, Ripitide GP2 and Asphalt 8 can be played through this service. More games are likely to be included soon.