We all know that Snapchat works on the fundamental of self-deleting the messages after we have viewed them. But recently there have been a few developments and ways of saving Snapchat messages.
It is also important to know that there are two types of messages in Snapchat. The first one is the most popular Snap which can be sent in the form of a photo or video and the second one is the text messages.
There are several ways of deleting both the types of Snapchat messages.
Deleting a Snapchat Conversation:
Here is how you can delete a conversation:
- Click on the yellow snapshot ghost from the main page
- Click on the gear icon to go the setting page
- Scroll down and go to account actions
- Select clear conversations
- You will see a list of all your snapchat conversations with “X” nest to them
- Tap “X” to delete any conversation you want
Deleting all Snapchat conversations together:
Follow the same steps as mentioned above up to the 4th one and then:
- After you have selected the clear conversations
- From the top right corner, select “Clear All”
- A message box will pop up and select “Okay”
This method will not delete any saved messages in your conversations. To delete the saved messages read below.
Deleting saved messages from Snapchat conversations:
Here is how you can un-save the saved messages
- Go to the conversation under which the messages are saved
- Tap the greyed text to turn it into normal text format
The saved messages are now un-saved and back to normal. You can now follow the “delete conversation” steps to delete these messages too.
Deleting existing Snapchat Photos and Videos:
Here is how you can delete the existing photos and videos
- Tap on the picture icon under the shutter button
- All your snaps and stories are saved here
- Tap on tick box icon
- Select all the photos and videos you want to delete
- Tap on the bin icon
Note: Remember that all the above mentioned methods would only delete messages, snaps containingphotos and videos from your device. The other person might still have them saved on their device.
Deleting a Snapchat Story:
Here is how you can clear your existing story and replace it with a new one:
- Swipe upwards from the main menu
- Select my friends
- Tap on your own name and the story will expand
- Tap on the snap you want to delete and click on “X”